Monday, August 8, 2011

Bravo Exec Andy Cohen To Pen Memoir


AHN.com:
Bravo Executive Vice-President and “Watch What Happens Live” host Andy Cohen has signed a book deal.


The 43-year-old, who helped make the cable network a success with hit shows like “Project Runway,” Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List” and “The Real Housewives” franchise, announced Monday that he is about to write his first book about his life experience, reports The Hollywood Reporter.


“It'll be a memoir, of sorts, about my intersections with pop culture over the years, from growing up in front of the TV as a kid in St. Louis to my years at CBS News, all the way up to today,” Cohen said on his blog. “The stories I've been saving up are funny and improbable and really define who I am today.”


The executive, who is gay, will also discuss his journey towards coming to terms with his sexuality, his beginnings with CBS news as a reporter and producer, and his current position as head of original programming at Bravo.


“This is something I've always wanted to do and, if you've read this blog much over the past seven years, you know that writing is something I enjoy,” he wrote. “And, yes, I will write every word of it, I don't know how I could settle for anything less than writing it myself. I started last weekend and have much work to do (understatement) before it comes out next summer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment